VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL DATES, TIME PERIODS, NUMBER OF ELIMINATION ROUNDS, AND NUMBERS OF WINNERS ARE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The World Ag Expo® National Anthem Contest (“Contest”) consists of a Top 30 round and a Top 8(final) round.
By participating, entrants accept and agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the International Agri-Center®, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal. International Agri-Center® reserves all rights.
1.Contest Schedule. The contest will begin on November 1, 2023, at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) and ends on Monday, January 8, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. PDT. Winners will be announced on January 15, 2024, at 10:00 a.m. PDT. Application videos will be accepted through Monday, January 8, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
2.Eligibility. Subject to additional restrictions below (How to Enter), the Contest is open to individuals who are legal residents of the Central Valley and/or World Ag Expo® Exhibitors. Entrants/performers must be willing and able to perform publicly at World Ag Expo® on February 13, 14, and 15 2024 (exact time TBD) on the International Agri-Center® Grounds.
Employees, officers, directors, and representatives of International Agri-Center® and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family member of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees (including children and legal dependents), are not eligible to enter or to win.
“Immediate family members” shall mean spouse, parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings and step-siblings and each of their respective spouses. “Household members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Any winner under the age of 18 be accompanied by parent or legal guardian at least 21 years of age.
- How to Enter. The contest is open to 16 and older. Up to three (3) winners will be selected to perform the National Anthem at World Ag Expo® in Tulare, California. The entry form can be found at LINK TO APPLICATION and your YouTube video link must be included on your entry form.
A minimum of 40 qualified entries is required. In the event the minimum number of entries is not reached, the judging committee will determine the number and the contestants eligible for voting.
Videos must be a cappella by an individual and not a duet or group. Entries must not exceed 3 minutes in length and must be presented on video in English; no audio-only submissions will be accepted. Home videos will be accepted.
By uploading the Video Entry, you agree that your Video Entry conforms to the Official Rules, and that International Agri-Center®, in its sole discretion disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your entry fails to conform to the Official Rules of the Contest. In addition, the Contestant warrants and represents that the Video Entry (a) is original and has been legally created, (b) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party. Limit one (1) Video Entry per person. A Video Entry may only be submitted once. All Video Entries in excess of this limit will be disqualified and ineligible for the Contest. Once a contestant submits a Video Entry, the Video Entry becomes final and may not be modified or edited.
Video Entries must not: (i) contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating, discriminatory, illegal, offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; (ii) include or mention a performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property; (iii) contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
Video Entries must be uploaded by 11:59 p.m. PDT on January 8, 2024. All entries received after this date and time will be disqualified.
International Agri-Center® will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, inaudible, or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or International Agri-Center®.
All entries become property of International Agri-Center® and none will be returned. Judging Committee and Contestant acknowledge and agree that International Agri-Center® shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to contestants. International Agri-Center® reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. International Agri-Center® further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that International Agri-Center® deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
- Selection of Winners. A. Top 8 Selections. Judges selected by International Agri-Center® will judge all eligible entries according to the following criteria: Overall Appeal of Vocal Performance, Originality, and Accuracy of Lyrics. All judging aspects will be weighted equally. The ratings scale for each criterion will range from one (1) to ten (10), with ten (10) being the best score. The panel will then select the Top 8. B. Contest Winner Selections. The panel will select the Top 8 entries. The top 3 vote recipients will be chosen to perform at the World Ag Expo®. There will be up to three (3) total winners.
- Prize Details. Up to three (3) Winners will be selected. Three (3) Winners will be awarded and will consist of the following for the Winner only:
- Each Winner will perform the National Anthem during World Ag Expo® on February 13 – 15, 2024 (performance date and time to be determined)
- Each Winner will receive two VIP Badges
- Each Winner will receive lunch and drink tickets for World Ag Expo®
- Winners will be on one social media post commemorating their National Anthem rendition
- World Ag Expo® apparel
- Approximate Retail Value. The approximate retail value of each winner’s package is $50.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning will depend on the number and quality of entries submitted as determined by the International Agri-Center®.
- Winner Notification. The three Winners will be notified on or about January 15, 2024, via the contact information provided on the entry form. If International Agri-Center® are unable to contact a potential winner within five (5) business days from the first contact attempt, or if a potential winner has not, or does not comply with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in accordance with these Official Rules as determined by the International Agri-Center® sole discretion. If winner is unable to travel on dates indicated, prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and International Agri-Center® reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the contestant’s submission is the contestant’s original work, that contestant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest, and a liability and publicity release which must be returned as instructed by International Agri-Center®. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within seven (7) days of notification as winner, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
- Participation. By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the International Agri-Center®. International Agri-Center® reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by the International Agri-Center®. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, nonauthorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control for International Agri-Center® which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, International Agri-Center® reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, International Agri-Center® reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
- Copyright. By entering the Contest, each Contestant grants to International Agri-Center® an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the Entrant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation.
- Fulfillment. An employee of International Agri-Center will fulfill all elements of the World Ag Expo® National Anthem Contest.